Reliability & Security¶
The NuvlaBox software has been designed to make the machines as reliable and secure as possible, while keeping the flexibility and remote management features of cloud technologies.
- All communications with the NuvlaBox are encrypted
- Only needed ports are exposed over the local and wide area networks
- Default credentials are unique for each NuvlaBox
- The NuvlaBox lets you keep your data within your network, making maintaining privacy and confidentiality easier
- The NuvlaBox offers many ways to connect to the local or wide area network
- Multiple layers try hard to maintain network connectivity once established
- When the NuvlaBox is connected to the Internet, it tries to connect to a remote SlipStream instance to allow for remote operation
- In the case of a power outage, the NuvlaBox will restore existing VMs when power is restored
- To ensure consistency and to avoid system performance deterioration, all unnecessary system data are erased at each reboot; VM data and user configurations are maintained across reboots
- The firmware persists only some configuration files, logs, and services databases. The possibility of system corruption after a power cut is extremely small.
- A watchdog is configured to restart the system in case of kernel crash, ensuring high availability of the system